- Tony’s Pizza Napoletana – Where the chef has won awards in Italy for his pizza, where the bartenders can guide you to the finest eating establishments around the city and your fellow diners squabble about your holiday itinerary having not known you 5 minutes ago. Order the Pizza Margherita, but the real surprise star of the show was an appetiser – The Chorizo Mussels. Toasted bread, tomato chorizo sauce, fresh mussels, cheese.
- Kokkari – Recommended at Tony’s. What food! Divine sole, grilled octopus to die for. Fine dining, but a lively vibe. Go with an appetite.
- Hog Island Oyster Company – Recommended at Kokkari. It’s a great way to eat through a city. Happy with a meal? Ask the staff where to dine next! This is an institution attracting tourists and locals in droves. The name says it all. Fresh oysters, amazing fish soup, views of the wharf. Slurp the sea.
- Plow: The neighbourhood breakfast place every neighbourhood would want to have. Limited menu, bright and airy, relaxed vibe, great coffee. Must tries – the almond flour pancakes, the open faced prosciutto + gruyere sandwich. Done eating, cross the road to a delightfully curated independent bookshop, Christopher’s Books.
- Colibri: When you’re this close to Mexico, the food must be had. Amazing tacos and guacamole. So what’s new? Camerones en Mole de Tamarindo – prawns in tangy tamarind sauce served with a corn cake. Savoury, sweet, tangy, slightly spice. Flavour heaven!
And when you’ve moved in, or not, find this bar. Benjamin Cooper. Great cocktails, crafted to your liking. Great night guaranteed.
Leave a Reply